The Milan Army Ammunition Plant (MLAAP) will conduct a drawing for public deer hunting. The following permits are available for the 2021-22 seasons. Deer season dates are forthcoming in Plant Notice on website.
|Season||# MLAAP permits||Permit Cost|
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or older Application deadline: Aug. 18th
To apply for Random Drawing (send only the following information /money):
- Copy of TWRA Hunter Safety Certificate from any state
- List personal information: name, address, phone number
- List which seasons you want to be drawn for: (archery, muzzle, gun). You can apply for all 3 seasons – but if not specified – will be put in archery drawing only.
- Application fee: Total of $5.00 (no matter how many seasons you apply for) . This fee is non-refundable but will be applied toward the purchase of a MLAAP permit if and when all requirements are met. Check or money order payable to the U.S.
- Treasury (cash not accepted).
If Drawn: You will be notified by letter in the mail. The following two (2) requirements must be met before you can purchase your MLAAP hunting permit:
- All hunters must have either a NCIC-III background check or possess a CAC (common access card) to hunt on the installation. The background check is Form MLN 190-1 “Request Access to MLAAP” and must be completed, signed, dated and either hand-delivered to American Ordnance or mailed to the address below. Also include DD Form 2923 Privacy Act Cover Data sheet along with Form MLN190-1. These forms are available on the hunter website under “Forms”.
- All hunters, except guests and dependents must attend a Hunter Orientation Class (exempt if attended within past 5 years) Contact Peggy Beasley, 731-686-6682, to register for a class or for the last date you attended. The 2021 orientation schedule is located on MLAAP hunting website.
How to Purchase MLAAP Hunting Permit.
- Fill out Form 813, Application for Hunting/Fishing Permit (2 pages). Form is on website.
- Fill out Annual Firearms Inventory Form: Form is on website, under “Forms”
- Provide copy of Appropriate Tennessee hunting licenses.
- Provide Check or money order payable to the U.S. Treasury, cash not accepted. ($25.00 for each season drawn for minus your $5.00 application fee).
Milan Army Ammunition Plant
Natural Resource Office
2280 Hwy. 104 W, Suite 1
Milan, TN 38358-3176